Leeds West Academy Parent Teacher Community – LWAPTC
The aims and purpose of the Parent Teacher Community are:
- To promote partnership between the academy, its students and all its parents.
- To identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the academy and on other matters affecting the education and welfare of the students.
- To develop positive and constructive recommendations for improvements to the academy’s policies and communications.
- To become involved in extra-curricular events and activities through funding and support.
Members of the LWAPTC
Catherine Hamilton (Chair)
Andrea Unsworth (Vice-Chair)
Sharon Deveraux (Treasurer)
Donna Hobson (Temporary Secretary)
Donna Hobson (Also representing the governing body)
Academic Year 2022 – 2023 planned LWAPTC meetings
- 27th September 2022 6pm
- 8th November 2022 6pm
- 16th January 2023 6pm
- 21st February 2023 6pm
- 27th March 2023 2pm
- 25th April 2023 6pm
- 5th June 2023 6pm
- 11th July 2023 (AGM) 6pm
- 18th September 2023 6pm
- 17th October 2023 6pm
- 27th November 2023 2pm
Throughout the year, LWAPTC will invite members of the community and members of staff at LWA to meetings.
An agenda will be published for all before each meeting to include:
- Finance report
- Up and coming events in school and community
- Senior Team focus for discussion and feedback
- Points raised by parents for discussion
- Close of meeting
Minutes of meetings
All minutes will be shared and uploaded onto the LWAPTC webpage and announced through social media to encourage all stakeholders to read the information.