Academy Principal's Updates
Mr Whieldon provides parents with regular updates, keeping parents informed about our Academy’s ‘Journey to Outstanding’:
Principal's Updates 2020-21
- Principal’s Update: 1st April 2021 - "It is my privilege to thank you and our community for your support [...] It is clear that our success comes when we work together as one, when building an academy we can be proud of."
- Principal’s Update: 19th March 2021 - Read the letter here - "we have reached the end of our first full week. Since Tuesday we have been operating a full timetable at Leeds West Academy for all year groups, for the first time this academic year."
- Principal’s Update: 12th February 2021 - Read the letter here - "When we began the very first lockdown almost 11 months ago, I spoke to our staff and students about the Leeds West Academy community. We reflected that our community is not the building on Intake Lane but the people: our students, our staff, our families and neighbours."
- Principal’s Update: 22nd January 2021 - Read the letter here - "As parents no one prepares us for the challenges we are facing now. We are in unchartered territory. Personally, I have noticed a real change in my two boys who are at a secondary and a primary school but working remotely at home during this lockdown."
- Principal’s Update: 5th January 2021 - Read the letter here - "Following directions from the Government, Leeds West Academy will be closing to the majority of students until further notice, effective from the close of school on Monday 4th January 2021."
- Principal’s Update: 2nd October 2020 - Read the letter here - "I have once more been so impressed with how our young people are showing that important Leeds West value of ‘Resilience’ during this time."
- Principal’s Update: 25th September 2020 - Read the letter here - "I have toured lessons throughout the week and have been really impressed with how our students are engaging with their learning."
- Principal’s Update: 18th September 2020 - Read the letter here - "We are always looking at how we can improve our offer at Leeds West Academy and in the current pandemic this has been an important on-going concern to ensure safety of staff and students."
Principal's Updates 2019-20
- Principal's Update: 3rd April 2020 - Read the letter here - "We have put together a Family Bulletin with lots of advice, tips and help to support wellbeing during this period of isolation and to provide other information which we feel may be of use/interest at this time."
- Principal's Update: 27th September 2019 - Read the letter here - "The term has started extremely well and I was delighted to welcome over 260 new Year 7 students to Leeds West Academy as they embarked on their secondary school journey with us."
Principal's Updates 2018-19
|Principal’s Update 2: 14th September 2018
"I could not have wished for a stringer start to the 2018-19 academic year. As we reach the end of our second week of the new academic year, I feel extremely proud of our students and staff after such a positive start to the term."
|Principal’s Update 1: 7th September 2018
"Welcome back to the 2018-19 academic year after what I hope has been a wonderful summer break for all our students, parents and staff. I am delighted to report that almost every student in every year group has made an incredibly positive start to the year."