Paris Trip - Cheerleaders at Disney
All students and staff are safe following the security disruption in Paris and the cheerleading competition is continuing as normal
- A bomb exploded in central Paris earlier last week
- The LWA Starlight Cheerleaders are competing in a competition in Paris at this time
- ALL students are safe and secure in their resort which is at some considerable distance from central Paris
- ALL students are together with our staff and are safe and in no danger
- The Academy is liaising continuously with French authorities
- The Academy is in regular contact with all parents/carers
Mr Wheeler, Acting Principal, said: "Please be assured that we are in constant contact with staff who are with our students at this time. All students and staff are safe, secure and comfortable in their accommodation and proceeding with the competition."
Ms Jennings said of the competition on 18th March: "We are all on coach heading back to park. Out of the categories we entered we got a 4th, a 3rd, 2x2nd and one 1st place. They were excellent."
On 19th March, Ms Jennings said: "We are finally out of bed and in the Disney park. Security is the park's top priority, so we all feel very safe and assured. Students have had time for rides today until 4.00pm, when they are joining the parade in full cheer kit. We are not leaving Disney until after an evening meal and the fireworks display tonight, at about 8.30pm."
The Academy thanks everybody for supporting students during their trip. Any issues will be announced via our social media channels and texts home to parents.